Hi, I’m Charles and I’m the guy behind “Dogs and Treats,” the website …
I thought I’d share a little about myself, to give you an idea of who I am.
I created this site to share my story and to provide a place for others to share theirs.
I’ve got over 35 years of experience raising, breeding, and showing dogs.
So take me at my word when I say I find it amusing when my dogs tip their heads sideways, twitch their ears, or move their paws as they run in a dream. Dogs — especially mine! — aren’t very mysterious. They’re simple beings, whose love is unconditional.
Growing up my family had a whole pack of Siberian Huskies — 5 in total!
- There was Robert (pronounced Ro-bear), the alpha of the group who interestingly had one blue eye and one brown.
- Jenny, a fierce barker who made sure we knew when strangers were nearby. She was (obviously!) our guard dog.
- Tank, a stocky little guy who had more energy than can be imagined; he was also a bit clumsy and afraid of his own shadow!
- Sheeba, a red-haired husky, who was every bit as fiery as Jenny and as quick as a fox.
- And finally, Misty … our little princess canine.
Crazy to think about today, but as a kid, I felt like I was the 6th member of the gang …
We lived in Louisiana, a very hot place so it wasn’t ideal for such wintry dogs. We kept them hydrated and indoors to minimize their exposure to the heat, but if we left the house, there was a good chance they’d be going too!
Wow, great memories!
Today, things are different.
Despite having a special affinity for Siberian Huskies, I now adopt Keeshonds — wonderful family dogs that are much better adapted for humid weather.
Currently, my two little guys are Bubba and Claire, and they couldn’t have different personalities!
- Claire, our guard dog, barks at absolutely everything, including her own shadow! Seriously!
- And Bubba, well … let’s just say he’s the most laid back dog you could ever imagine! I’m pretty sure that if we were getting robbed, he’d just watch! 🙂
So I hope you enjoy the website a little more now that you know some personal stuff about me.
My goal really is a genuine one: to help you understand your best friend(s), and hopefully provide a few entertaining stories along the way.
Thank you for stopping by … and welcome to Dogs and Treats.