Hi, I’m Charles and I’m the guy behind the Dogs and Treats website. Since you’re here, I suspect you’re interested in who the crazy guy running this site is.
Well, let me share a little about myself.
I created this site to share a lifetime (mine!) of experiences with dogs.
Growing up in a family that loved big dogs, we had a whole pack of Siberian Huskies — 5 in total!
- There was Robert (we pretended he was French so the family pronounced his name Ro-bear!); he was the alpha of the group who interestingly had one blue eye and one brown. But that’s fairly common with this breed.
- Jenny, a fierce barker who made sure we knew when strangers were nearby. She was (obviously!) our guard dog.
- Tank, a stocky little guy who had more energy than can be imagined; he was also a bit clumsy and afraid of his own shadow!
- Sheeba, a red-haired husky, who was every bit as fiery as Jenny and as quick as a fox.
- And finally, Misty … our little princess canine.
Crazy to think about today, but as a kid, I felt like I was the 6th member of the gang …
We lived in Louisiana, a place likely too hot for such wintry dogs. But, we kept them hydrated and indoors to minimize their exposure to the heat. If we left the house, though, there was a good chance they’d be going too!
Today, things are different.
Despite having a special affinity for Siberian Huskies, I now adopt Keeshonds — wonderful family dogs that are much better adapted for my local climate.
Currently, my two little guys are Bubba and Claire, and they couldn’t have different personalities!
- Claire, our guard dog, barks at absolutely everything, including her own shadow! Seriously!
- And Bubba, well … let’s just say he’s the most laid back dog you could ever imagine! I’m pretty sure that if we were getting robbed, he’d just watch! 🙂
So I hope you enjoy the website a little more now that you know some personal stuff about me, and my family of dogs.
My goal really is a genuine one: to share good stories, help you understand your dog, and hopefully provide some entertainment along the way.
Thank you for stopping by, and welcome to Dogs and Treats.